Saturday, December 19, 2009

Decorating for Christmas

Our tree is up so it feels like Christmas now. It is packed full of family memories! I wanted to share some of my favorites. I collect ruby slipper ornaments and have quite a few. This pair is one of my favs! Remember these from "You've Got Mail" ..?? Meg Ryan hung a pair just like these in her store window.


One of my favorite traditions at our house is that each year we all get to buy a new ornament for our tree. Each ornament is marked with a date and a name. (Like we need to remember who's the red shoes are? hee- hee)
Some ornaments simply represent things that make us smile, others are themed to things that have happened throughout the year. The year my honey and I went on our first cruise, we brought back this crabby ornament and I filled a glass bulb with sand from the beach in Grand Cayman- one of the islands we stopped on.

Can you believe we have a frig hanging on our tree? Ok- it's mine. It was made by Hallmark last year (I think) and I couldn't resist! Isn't it the cutest thing? The doors open and it has tiny little food..a jam jar, jello mold, milk, turkey...the whole holiday feast! All the little tiny visitors at our house love it!
..
Happy Holidays!!
..
Angie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Here Fishy Fishy

Copyright


Just a friendly reminder that any designs or projects I post here, unless otherwise credited, are copywritten by me. They are to be copied for personal use only. No other dupilcation can be made without prior consent of QuiltingMelodies. Thanks!