Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wool Ornaments by My Elementary Kids

Once a week I spend a couple of hours volunteering with the afterschool program at our Elementary School. It hit me one day that I needed to give something more to the kids I work with all day...because I love them so much! So what is my favorite thing to do??? Sew, of course.




I thought, why not teach them to sew?? I started little with plastic canvas boxes then slowly worked them up to whip stitching and sewing on beads to make wool ornaments. Look what a fabulous job the 9-11 year olds did. Even the boys got involved.



Then they all got to hang them on the tree. The kids have loved all the projects. After the holidays, it will be on to the next fun idea...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Here Fishy Fishy

Copyright


Just a friendly reminder that any designs or projects I post here, unless otherwise credited, are copywritten by me. They are to be copied for personal use only. No other dupilcation can be made without prior consent of QuiltingMelodies. Thanks!