Saturday, April 3, 2010

Crochet Dishtowel Pattern




This weekend, as I am sitting and enjoying conference I decided that I would find a handwork project. I got this great 100% cotton yarn from Sugar -n- Cream and this morning I whipped up a couple of dish rags. They are so great for washing dishes and are surprizingly absorbant. Here is the pattern I stitched...
This pattern is simply rows across,
.........................................................................................................................
ch 45
row 1- ch 2 more-this will be the first stitch of the second row.
count in and do a single crochet(sc) in the third chain. ch 1, skip a stitch in the original chain and sc in next stitch. ch 1, continue to end of row unitl you have come to end of ch and do sc in last ch.
row 2- ch 2 and repeat as last row to end.

row 3- ch 3, skip 1st stitch and double crochet (dc) in next stitch. ch 1 and repeat to end of row.
rows 4 thru 19 repeat same as row 1.
rows 20,21- repeat same as row 3
rows 22-36 - repeat same as row 1
row 37 - same as row 3
row 38,39- same as row 1 to edge
ch 2, sc then ch 1 across entire edge to finish around all four sides.
......................................................................................................................

Love these towels. I think I may need to make me more!

Have a happy easter!!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Here Fishy Fishy

Copyright


Just a friendly reminder that any designs or projects I post here, unless otherwise credited, are copywritten by me. They are to be copied for personal use only. No other dupilcation can be made without prior consent of QuiltingMelodies. Thanks!