Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy October!!

Wow, I think it is time I posted. Alot has been going on. First of all, I attended Quiltfest in Provo, Utah a couple of weeks ago and learned some fabulous new things!!
I took a class on blocking quilts by Helen Butler. Might I say she is really fun to take a class from. I made wool pincushions 'till midnight and then attended a class on hand applique. I know....I know....I already know how to hand applique but we can always learn something new.... Right?  Whola, and I did! 

 Francine Berrett taught the class and is currently the president of the Utah Valley Quilt Guild.  Here are my applique blocks I have been finishing. The main color of the quilt is red with big turquoise flowers that PoP.  I can't wait to get it done.

Second, we have had a couple of new additions to our family.
Itchy and Charlie.
They are babies of our Pomerainian mix and my children won't let me find new homes for them. We had tears and all. They are so sweet and this is what they do when I am not home....

That would be a large spool of Aurifil thread.  Yup. They are partners in crime.




Have a Happy Day!!

Angie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Here Fishy Fishy

Copyright


Just a friendly reminder that any designs or projects I post here, unless otherwise credited, are copywritten by me. They are to be copied for personal use only. No other dupilcation can be made without prior consent of QuiltingMelodies. Thanks!