Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Underground Railroad Pachwork Book

The Patchwork Path by Bettye Stroud (2007, Paperback...

I found this great book.
It is written for children but I thought it would be really fun to make the quilt.
All of the blocks are ones that you can find free patterns to including the 'monkey wrench', 'bear's paw', log cabin' , 'flying geese' etc. 
If you would like to find a copy it is titled 'The Patchwork Path' by Bettye Stroud.

The story is about a little girl who,
with her loved ones,
follows the quilt block clues to go north away from slavery.


Happy Quilting!

Angie

By the way, thanks to all of you who came and saw me at the show. It was a great success! I had alot of fun!!

3 comments:

Deborah in Atlanta said...

This would make a lovely book for me to purchase. I have a 6-year old granddaughter and have contemplated teaching her how to sew quilts. Having this book would add another dimension to our "quality time" together doing somethign I love with someone I love.

cwebb said...

What a sweet idea, This would be fun to win! Thanks for the chance. jjjcwebb (at) hotmail (dot) com

Irina said...

I read about the reading of quilt clues to escape from slavery. It was an article in a National Geographic magazine. I was studying American Literature and history then and I thought it was so interesting, also cause I like quilting. I'd love a copy of this book. I still have to make it, but one of the blocks I always admire on quilts is the Log Cabin. thanks for the chance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Here Fishy Fishy

Copyright


Just a friendly reminder that any designs or projects I post here, unless otherwise credited, are copywritten by me. They are to be copied for personal use only. No other dupilcation can be made without prior consent of QuiltingMelodies. Thanks!