Saturday, March 6, 2010

Old Snowflake Pattern

I am so excited because I got a new (old) pattern today in the mail. It is a copy of an old newspaper snowflake pattern (btw--it is one that is old enough not to be copyrighted anymore, whew!)



The story goes---My mom saw an antique quilt made with embroidered snowflakes while she was in Kentucky. She zipped me a picture and I loved it!


I wrote her back and asked her to buy the quilt for me, but by the time she got back to the antique store, it was gone...
I was so close!

So, next best is just to make my own.
The pattern, I got on e-bay and the gal sent me a disk with 12 different snowflake patterns.
Now...I know I said I didn't want to start any more quilts till I got some done...but come on....it is so cute.... I guess my quilt will power is weak.


Have a happy day!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Here Fishy Fishy

Copyright


Just a friendly reminder that any designs or projects I post here, unless otherwise credited, are copywritten by me. They are to be copied for personal use only. No other dupilcation can be made without prior consent of QuiltingMelodies. Thanks!